Monday, January 24th is the second annual Community Manager Appreciation Day.
Jeremiah Owyang kicked this off last year by suggesting we take a day every year to celebrate and acknowledge folks who work as community managers and related roles like community strategist, community support, customer outreach… basically, anyone who has the job of reaching out to customers online and building and growing relationships.
How can you participate? If you work with or employ a community manager, or if you are a member of an online community – let your community manager know that you appreciate what they do. Nothing elaborate – a note saying “thanks” will most certainly be appreciated. If you are a community manager, come celebrate! There are tons of local events happening on Monday – I’ve cribbed a partial list from Jeremiah’s blog (be sure to see his post for the most recent list):
Physical Events Around the World (from Jeremiah Owyang’s blog):
- Boston is hosting a physical event.
- New York is hosting a physical event
- SF/Silicon Valley is hosting a physical event
- Austin is going to host a physical event
- London is hosting a “wild” physical event
- Denver is hosting their event
- Toronto is hosting a physical event
- Jordan is hosting a physical event
I’ll be celebrating at the Austin event. If you are going to be there, please say hi!