It is that time of year again… SxSW Panel Picking!!!
I have two proposals this year, and I would appreciate your support for either or both.
What community and social media metrics are organizations tracking?
Bill Johnston, Chief Community Officer for Forum One (that’s me), will present and then lead a discussion about best practices with community & social media metrics and reporting, based on 4 years of ongoing research and data from thousands of participants on the topic. This session will dive deep into the topic of online community and social media metrics and reporting to explore:
• The role of community strategy in shaping reports
• Specific data sets that should be included in community and social media reports
• The limitations of native community and social media platform reporting
• Report design, distribution and frequency
• Stakeholder satisfaction with current community and social media reports
And Panel #2:
Where the Hell Are We In the Evolution of the Social Web?
Social media practice and implementation is a dynamic and volatile subject that effects all functions in a company from the obvious (product, support, marketing) to the not so obvious (hr, operations). Hear from 5 seasoned social media practitioners (plus YOU!) about where we are on “the map” of social media adoption and practice, and where we are headed. The mood will be lively, the panel bright eyed and prepared, and the audience smart (and involved).
1. Where are organizations on the social media adoption curve?
2. What departments should be involved with online communtiies?
3. What online community and social media metrics are organizations tracking?
4. What is the level of satisfaction with community and social media efforts by stakeholders?
5. Is ROI important?
6. How is the “static” organization web site being impacted by social?
7. How will online presences evolve?
8. What role will employees play in expression of brand online?
9. What’s on the horizon for online presence?
Check out this panel of Awesomeness! I’ll be joined by:
Aaron Strout – Powered
Jake McKee – Ant’s Eye View
Shawn Morton – Nationwide
Sean O’Driscoll – Ant’s Eye View
2 responses to “My SxSWi 2010 Panels – Please Vote (Because My Mom Can’t)”
I find Panel #1 the most interesting (though the panelists for #2 are sure smart!). As we talked about at the Online Community Roundtable in San Jose last week, insufficient/incomplete metrics and poor research still plague many online communities today. Hope this one gets through. It got my thumbs-up vote!
I am giving Panel #2 my vote, as I am wondering myself where the hell we are in this evolutionary process. Would love to hear from others on the topic.