For those of you in the Bay Area:
I wanted to let you know that the next Online Community Roundtable will be held Thursday, 4/24 in SF. The fine folks at Six Apart will host.
The Roundtables have been a regular, but intentionally “under the radar” gathering since July of 2005. The intention of the events is to provide an open and safe environment for community practitioners to share experiences and best practices. It’s also an excellent excuse to have a cocktail and meet other interesting people in the space.
* No sponsorships. Host organization provides space, food and beverages
* No pitches. Presentations should be about sharing experiences, having a discussion about a problem or issue you are facing, or reviewing a project or site you are working on.
* The final guest list is up to Bill
* Bill sets final agenda based on topic appropriateness and time available
* “Soft” NDA: Blogging event is ok, unless presenter asks you not to.
5:30 – 6:30 Networking hour.
Drinks and food will be available.
6:30 – 8:30 Presentations.
After the networking hour, we’ll share thoughts on community. We request that you bring a 1-2 slide deck to talk to. Topics can range from:
* A report back from a conference
* A new community that you have recently launched
* A feature that you are developing, or are interested in discussing
* Challenges that you are facing in developing, growing or managing your community
* Or any other topic that you feel would be appropriate and enlightening to this audience.
Interested in attending? Drop me a line: firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to keep up to date on Online Community Roundtable activities? Join the Facebook group.